The Author says:

Galloping Horse @ gallopinghorse2704.blogspot.com Soft Opening - 31st January 2014

Monday, July 14, 2008

First Semester - Self-Reflection

One week to go will be going back to UTP for my second semester. Not that I am anticipating. Haha! Whatever! Let me see what I have gone through last semester.

ENGLISH
Lecture:
English lecture was the most enjoyable class. Really like the way of the lecturer lectured with all his sense of humour yet informative. Kinda frustrated he did not manage to complete the syllabus for not conducting the last two lectures due to some problems.

Tutorial:
Come late, back early. Woo-hoo!

Computer-Assisted Language Learning or CALL Lab:
*no comment*

ENGINEERING MATHEMATICS
Lecture:
I like the subject but not the way of lecture. He talked too fast and I hardly to understand what he was trying to say. Back to hostel, with all his words wondering in my mind and the mumbo jumbo in the text book, I thought I was going to be crazy when I was doing the assignments.

Tutorial:
Sorry for saying this but this is the worst class of all. Truly learn nothing. ZERO! Just like we conducted the class ourselves. Imagine a tutor tutor with book in her hand. That is not convincing.

PHYSICS
Lecture:
OK, just sometimes don’t understand since he comes from Sudan. Never really like Physics much though.

Tutorial:
The best tutorial session of all. I learn a lot.

Lab:
Most successful experiments were conducted here with minimal error.

CHEMISTRY
Lecture:
Worst lecture of all. Never get to know one bit of any lecture that I have attended. I don’t know whether this is my problem or……. EVERYONE’S PROBLEM. They just don’t admit it. Haha!

Tutorial:
Good tutor but poor management.

Lab:
Most failed experiments were conducted here with high probability of errors. Handle lots of chemicals like acid but only wear goggles and lab coat, no gloves.

MORAL STUDIES
Nothing much. Class conducted at night, so sleepy….

THINKING SKILLS
On and Off. But, I hibernate a lot.

SPORT SCIENCE
Regret taking the class. What the heck, just to pass the university’s requirement.

SUMMARY OF ALL:
Best Lecture: ENGLISH LECTURE
Worst Lecture: CHEMISTRY LECTURE

Best Tutorial: PHYSICS TUTORIAL
Worst Tutorial: ENGINEERING MATHEMATICS TUTORIAL

Best Lab: PHYSICS LAB (or ENGLISH CALL LAB*)
Worst Lab: CHEMISTRY LAB

Best Lecturer: Mr. Razol Mahari Mohd. Ali (ENGLISH)
Best Tutor: DR. HASNAH ZAID (PHYSICS)

Thought of giving out WORST LECTURER and WORST TUTOR AWARDS but that will be too much to handle.


I am looking forward a much better studies life. Don’t make me regret of going here. Or else……

No comments: