The Author says:

Galloping Horse @ gallopinghorse2704.blogspot.com Soft Opening - 31st January 2014

Saturday, September 17, 2011

A Walk to Remember

"I'm so glad you made time to see me. How's life? Tell me, how's your family? I haven't seen them in a while..."

Remembered the first day stepping my feet into University Teknologi PETRONAS (UTP) back in 2008 with high-school-innocent look. Meeting new bunch of friends from various parts of Malaysia and the world. First time being so far away from home. It was uneasy at first and was a little homesick but quickly I managed to adapt to the new environment. Not to mention I experienced culture shock although I am a Malaysian myself. Lol. Attending lectures, tutorials, co-curricular classes and so on were parts of academic activities. Hanging out with newly-met friends was how we spending our past times. Friendship grows. Sometimes misunderstandings and mild conflicts happened, it still grows. That was during Foundation.

Semester by semester. Year by year. We survived through freshman, sophomore and currently in our junior year. Time passed by. Things change. Inevitably, friendship changes, too. From strangers become friends. Become closer afterwards, having arguments, then being distant, reaching into the level of being nearly acquaintance. Some make it. Some didn't. It is tough to sustain the closeness when you know one another a little too well; when true colours show. Everyone has limit to tolerate but apparently, some have a little too low. I witnessed how the circle alters and I was once in the shoes as well.

Anyway, things happened. It just happened. I couldn't do much about it. The worst part is it left the wound and God knows only time can heal it although scar will remain there. Slight reminder will induce the same old pain. Nevertheless, I have always believed that things happen for reasons. I embrace this principle to focus on the good in my life and turn every negativity into something positive. I'm grateful that these actually help me to be better and better. :)

The journey here really has taught me a lot, a lot. Learned countless valuable lessons which are not parts of our course structure. It is not something that you can gain from the book. Pre-intern period has given me so many memories to be cherished.

For the next 7 or 8 months, I am going to miss the random conversation that we used to have; the games that we used to play; the songs that we used to sing; the path that we used to walk. Most importantly is the time that we used to spend. Bits of these moments play a significant part in my life because they beautify it and make it more meaningful.













Thanks for the memories. Thanks for being there all the time. It is definitely going to be a walk to remember. Wish you all the best. See you next time. Forget me not. =)

New chapter of my life begins in 2 weeks time. I am excited!

No comments: