The Author says:

Galloping Horse @ gallopinghorse2704.blogspot.com Soft Opening - 31st January 2014

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Warner Bros. Studio Tour London - The Making of Harry Potter (Part 1)

Two days ago was the first anniversary of the opening of Warner Bros. Studio Tour London. It reminded me that I was present at the red carpet launching event. 31st March 2012, one of highlights in my life where I get to meet the cast of Harry Potter films including Tom Felton!

Ever since Harry Potter film series ended, I became very engrossed with Harry Potter. I never read the books before watching the movies. I wasn't really into the series until the last instalment. There was a magic moment in Deathly Hallow Part 2 that strikes me and sparks my interest. It all started with reading Harry Potter wiki and eventually, the seven novels. I read the seven books more than once. I watched the eight movies more than twice. To make it short, I become a fan of Harry Potter. Somewhat.

If it was not because my friend told me, I wouldn't know that there was a studio tour for Harry Potter films to be launched in London at the end of March 2012, in which I would still be in England at the time for my internship. As tickets were opened for booking, I bought mine almost immediately with no hesitation. Bought the ticket in February but my visit would only be on 6th of April. All I need to do was just to wait for the day to come until I saw a lucky draw contest at their official website pertaining to free entry to launching event of the studio where you have the opportunity to meet up with some of the casts. I was thrilled. I signed up for the fun of it without expecting to win because I never won a lucky draw. What is the odd that I won two entry tickets! :D

The ticket mentioned that we need to present at the event by 1.00pm although the event started at 3.00pm. We waited for two hours in the cold British weather. The day showed signs that it might rain but thankfully it didn't. There was a host entertaining the fans while waiting for the cast arrival. He seemed to be quite a celebrity since the Brits were cheering for him. Me and my friend were like, "who is he?". A number of Harry Potter soundtracks were being played. The studio staff were superbly friendly!

Waiting for cast arrival.

The crowd 

Main studio building

One of the film posters

Studio entrance

My very first red carpet event!

The clock struck 3.30pm and Tom Felton was the first one to appear, followed by other actors/actresses. Let's the photos do the talking.


Didn't manage to take closer shot of Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy) since he was never near to the spot where we were standing.

Bonnie Wright (Ginny Weasley) 

Rupert Grint (Ronald Weasley) 

David Bradley (Argus Filch, the caretaker) 

 David Thewlis (Remus Lupin)

 Chris Rankin (Percy Weasley)

Evanna Lynch (Luna Lovegood) 

Harry Melling (Dudley Dursley) 

Alfred Enoch (Dean Thomas) 

Warwick Davis (Griphook & Professor Flitwick)

Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Wastson didn't present at the event due to schedule conflict. It would be so complete if they could make it. Oh well, I guess I was lucky enough to see some of the cast. It was a pretty long day but for a fan, it was totally worth it.

Rest in peace, Richard Griffifth (Uncle Vernon). (31 July 1947 - 28 March 2013)

**********

After waiting for a month, it was all a false hope. Waiting for job placement from PETRONAS, reminded me the time when I was waiting for overseas internship placement. I was the last one to be placed. They say good thing comes to those who wait. Another saying, "Save the best for last". All the seniors were saying the same thing, "Relax,", "Chill first,", "Once you started working, there will be no time to rest at all." I have been resting for three months. I think I have enough. I might have missed  the previous opportunity, who knows the next chance can be better. There's the silver lining. 

Anyway, congratulation to those who have their placements and all the best in your careers. As for the rest, let's pray for the best, mates! =)

When one door closes, another opens.

No comments: