The Author says:

Galloping Horse @ gallopinghorse2704.blogspot.com Soft Opening - 31st January 2014

Thursday, September 18, 2008

First MoonCake Celebration in UTP

3 days ago was my first time of celebrating Moon Cake Festival in UTP. Nothing much about it. It was just another happy moment to be cheered with Uni friends. My friends and I were attending the Moon Cake Festival held by International Cultural Club (ICC) at Village 5 Cafe. Overall, the whole event was just OK, and I believe there is still room for improvement in the future.

Anyway, back to the programme, the event was started with performance by Orchestra Chinese Musical (OCM) and all of the players were my batchmates.
1. Yang Qing - Stephennie
2. Flute - Hoo Pei Ying
3. Er Hu - Graham Tan
4. Double Bass - Vyner
5. Cello - Jia Lin
6. Guitar - Harold <-- I am not sure why guiltar is included but anyway, the performance was still great. They played three songs and I only know the title of the first song, a song by Teresa Teng, which is "Yue Liang Dai Biao Wo De Xin" and the other two, I am not so sure.

There were few mini games after that. Passing rubber (more like almost-to-kiss-but-never-get-kissed game), act and guess (lame) and tissue game (??) A little lantern parade after that, led by ICC seniors.

Last event of the day was lucky draw and gifts presentation. The usual unlucky me was lucky enough to play with lantern and ate one slice (one little petite slice) of moon cake.

End of the day. Well, not really. There was a little water-splashing game after that, only among us while we were on the way back. The victim for that day would be Yong Jenn. Poor Jenny! Hahaha~~~

No pictures were taken by me. Lousy camera and shy-shy me. =,="
My first tang-long in UTP. Hahaha~~~

Oh my! I miss my moment celebrating Moon Cake festival with my brothers, back in Bintulu. We used to walk around the neighbourhood with our lantern and eat moon cake (for sure more than one slice) after tired of walking. I wonder if I have the oppurtunity again, for the next 4 years. :') *OMG! Here emotion comes again*



*2 or 3 days to go, I will be FREE! Yay!

No comments: