The Author says:

Galloping Horse @ gallopinghorse2704.blogspot.com Soft Opening - 31st January 2014

Monday, September 1, 2008

New Month, New Thing

First of the month and 100th post of the year, yet nothing much about it.

As for the Malays, today will be the 1 Ramadan. Ramadan is a Muslim religious observance that takes place during the ninth month of the Islamic calendar, believed to be the month in which the Qur'an began to be revealed. It is the Islamic month of fasting, in which Muslims don't eat or drink anything from dawn until sunset. Fasting is meant to teach the person patience and humility. Ramadhan is a time to fast for the sake of God, to offer even more prayer than normal and ask forgiveness for the sins of your past and ask for guidance in the future. To refrain from every day evils and try to purify oneself through self-restraint and good deeds.
Source: Wikipedia.

I will give fasting a try this year. Moreover, I heard that all the cafe in our campus will be closed for half of the day during this month. Not that I don't have any food supply to survive for the day (I hope this does not sound dramatic) but as we all know, we won't die if we don't eat in one day. Food lovers, no offence though. Plus, I can save a little money for myself while going back to hometown the end of this month. Yes, in case you don't remember, I will be going back this month (YAY!!!) and for sure I need some savings for that.


Imagine this:
UTP - Ipoh
Ipoh - KL
KL - BTU
(one week later)
BTU - KL
KL - Ipoh
Ipoh - UTP
*end up as pig*
I need some money to spare unless you can lend me.

Anyway, I would like to wish all Muslims
a happy fasting month and
may Allah bless you during this Holy Ramadan.

No comments: