The Author says:

Galloping Horse @ gallopinghorse2704.blogspot.com Soft Opening - 31st January 2014

Monday, August 11, 2008

The Mummy 3: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor

It has been more than one week since the premier of this most anticipating movie (I think) after Batman: The Dark Knight. I haven’t watched Batman though. Back to Mummy 3, all I can say is it is lower than I expected. The movie seems to be lacking of something.

The story line is not really that catchy. Even the introduction of the origin the so-called mummies in China failed to have my attention. It is a bit way too long and off to me. One of my friends told me that those so-called mummies are actually the "Terra Cotta Warriors and Horses" or “Bing Ma Yong” in China. They are not really mummies like the ones in Egypt. And of course, the narrated history in the movie is actually fictitious. Well, I guess it is meant to be so as they only interested in the figures of “Bing Ma Yong” but not the actual story of it.

The special effect is just OK, not impressive. Who am I to judge about this but I think it is fair enough for me to have a higher expectation from the director. Frankly, I prefer the first and second Mummy movies which I think is much way better than this one.

Nevertheless, I like the humorous lines in the story though.

Jonathan Carnahan: Ah! My ass is on fire! My ass is on fire! Spank my ass. Spank my ass!

No comments: